For my no-coffee challenge, I’ve been scouring high and low for a coffee substitute, that tastes like the real deal. After my Aunty Ruby prepared me a cup of chicory root coffee, I made my decision there and then that I’d transition my way out of this coffee-riddled life.
If you try anything today, try this!
- Chicory root drink (Ruby used Chicory cup whereas I could only find Prewetts Roasted Chicory Drink and Whole Earth Organic No Caffeine Drink, try one you like most!)
- Cashew Milk
- Sweetener of your choice (I use Organic crystallised coconut nectar – delicious!)
- Add one to two teaspoons of your chicory root granules,
- Add sweetener to taste (I personally only 1 tsp of Coconut sugar)
- Add boiling water as you would to coffee granules.
- Add cashew milk. Cashew milk makes your coffee particularly creamy but if you suffer from nut allergies find an alternative milk brand.
- If you prefer heating your milk, you can, but I suggest not overheating your milk as you would whole cow’s milk as nut milk’s tend to be quite temperamental.
- Sip and enjoy!
Note: the consistency on this drink looks like it’s split or similar to the consistency of miso soup. Don’t let this put you off, it’s still delicious!